[ Why and How to Join SHPE ]
Become a member of the largest Hispanic Engineering and Science organization, and receive numerous benefits.
- SHPE Membership card and pin
- Undergraduate and Graduate scholarship opportunities ranging from $1,000 to $5,000
- Internship, fellowships & co-op opportunities
- Exclusive access to the SHPE Career Center where you can share your resume with top employers and search for job openings.
- Professional, career, & leadership training to give you a competitive advantage via
- SHPE National Conference
- National Institute for Leadership Advancement (NILA)
- Regional Leadership Development Conferences (RLDC)
- Management Growth Training (for Professional Members)
- Executive Leadership Institute (for Professional Members)
- Professional Development Strategy Series (PDS)
- Competition opportunities to test and refine your academic and technical talent
- GRE/GRAD Lab to guide you through the graduate school application process
- Networking opportunities with high profile professionals, fellow students, corporate representatives and SHPE leaders
- Discounted registration to SHPE National, Regional & Local events
- Complimentary subscriptions to SHPE Magazine and Hispanic Business Magazine
- Complimentary SHPE stoles upon graduation
To Become a Member...
- Visit the SHPE national website,
register (SHPE-SDSU Region 2), and pay the annual $5 membership fee.
- Pay the annual $15 chapter fee to Membership Officer, Bernardo Valdez, during any General Body Meeting.
- Upload your résumé at OneSHPE to enjoy exclusive SHPE member benefits.